Teacher support and development is considered to be the backbone of the work at TMPS. For a teacher to be effective, it is important that we recognize the factors that permit teachers to perform their roles effectively and those that do not.
Careful selection of trained teachers is followed by a strong teacher development and support programme. A well designed in- service training programme provides opportunities for teachers to:
- Be informed about the latest research work in education.
- Be in touch with their inner self and professional development.
- Develop interpersonal skills necessary for meaningful interaction with school and children.
- Learn from the strengths of experienced teachers in schools in India and abroad.
- Upgrade their skills and knowledge levels as teachers of an integrated educational curriculum.
To address the needs of the teachers at TMPS, members of the core team regularly conduct training and professional support workshops. In addition, workshops are also conducted by resource persons from accomplished schools of learning and universities of higher education. Intense in- service workshops are conducted around each vacation of the school calendar. These are supported by fortnightly workshops where everyday situations are discussed, analysed and resolved to create enriching environments for both teachers and the taught.